Baltic Development Forum is looking for a new staff member to be responsible for BDF´s overall communication.
As Head of Communications, the new staff member will be responsible for all aspects of BDF´s communication as well as main responsible for BDF´s role and activities related to communication in regional projects (including EU-funded projects) in which BDF is currently involved. The new Head of Communication will be responsible of overseeing the work of one student worker.
To be successful in this position, the candidate will need to have previous experience in communications, preferably from public policy organizations. The candidate should be able to take initiative and work strategically and independently. A sense of flexibility and a willingness to collaborate with BDF colleagues and contribute to overall activities within BDF is required. The position has strong outreach elements and will require collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders. Some travel in the region will be required.
Established in 1999, Baltic Development Forum (BDF) is a think-tank and network for high-level decision makers from business, politics, academia and media in the Baltic Sea Region. BDF brings together actors across sectors, borders, regions, and levels of decision-making to facilitate collaboration, develop regional policy, and advance growth and competitiveness in the Baltic Sea Region. BDF is based in Copenhagen and works towards a large network in the eleven Baltic Sea Region countries.
We hope to be able to welcome our new colleague from October 1st, 2017.
- Responsible for BDF´s communication including formulating and implementing communication strategies and tool kits.
- Maintain websites, newsletters and social media channels.
- Develop marketing material and print production
- Coordinate BDF’s role and communication activities within certain projects including EU-projects.
- Manage events, participate in project meetings and regional conferences.
- Feed project results into the regional debate and identify opportunities for project exposure.
- Take part in the daily work at BDF.
Skills and experience required:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Good interpersonal and intercultural skills.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English. Native English speakers are encouraged to apply.
- Previous experience within communications and public relations, including press relations and web/social media management is required.
- Previous experience within BDF´s thematic areas (digitalization, energy/climate, circular economy) as well as experience from EU-funded projects is considered a merit.
- Experience with international cooperation will also be considered an asset.
- An international working environment with networks to many public and private actors across the Baltic Sea Region and beyond.
- An exciting working place with a large variety of tasks.
- Salary according to qualifications.
Send us your application and CV before 30 June by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates selected for personal interview to be held in August will receive notice latest 6th July.
For more information about the position, please contact director Flemming Stender by phone: + 45 27 64 80 76 or by email: email@example.com.