Baltic Development Forum calls for nomination of distinguished candidates for the Swedbank Baltic Sea Award 2009.
In cooperation with our Summit sponsor Swedbank, Baltic Development Forum has established an annual award for extraordinary contributions to the development of the Baltic Sea Region. In 2007 the Award was given to the Founder of Baltic Sea 2020 Björn Carlsson and in 2008 to the President of Finland Tarja Halonen.
Call for Nominations
You are hereby invited to nominate distinguished candidates for the Swedbank Baltic Sea Award 2009.
Individuals or organizations from Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Germany, Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway, Poland, Russia and Sweden are eligible for the Award.
The Swedbank Baltic Sea Award is assigned to an individual or organization that has fulfilled one or several of the following criteria:
- Made an extraordinary contribution to Baltic Sea Region development
- Played a leading role or been a role model in the region’s economic development
- Strengthened economic cooperation between the countries in the region
- Developed new business concepts and research programmes
- Capitalized on competitive advantages in the region in a new and innovative way
- Made a contribution to the improvement of the regional challenges within climate, energy and environment
- Linked innovators and local universities in the trade and industry
- Concretely supported existing and growing regional clusters
- Attracted and stimulated regional driving forces
Nomination, Jury and Award Distribution
Nominations to the Swedbank Baltic Sea Award are made by Swedbank and Baltic Development Forum. As previous years, a jury consisting of Carl Eric Stålberg, Executive Chairman Swedbank AB and Uffe Ellemann-Jensen, Chairman of Baltic Development Forum, together with one Prime Minister of a Baltic Sea State – this year Prime Minister Fredrik Reinfeldt of Sweden – appoints the winner.
The winner will be announced and receive the Award by Håkan Berg, Head of Baltic Banking at Swedbank, at the BDF Summit gala dinner in Stockholm on Monday 5 October 2009. In addition to the honorary element, the award consists of 5000 Euro.
Send your proposals for nominations of candidates by e-mail to the Baltic Development Forum secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday September 11th the latest. Please write “Nomination Swedbank Baltic Sea Award 2009” in the subject line.