Baltic Development Forum Seeks Committed Interns
2014 will be a dynamic and exciting year as Baltic Development Forum is organizing two major regional events – 16th Annual BDF Summit in June in Turku, Finland, and Fehmarnbelt Days 2014 in October in Copenhagen, Denmark. Moreover, in 2014 BDF will introduce and continue its core activities in the ICT, Corporate Water Management and Smart Cities projects. Therefore, we are seeking three dedicated interns who will focus on BDF’s core activities for the duration of five to six months beginning February 2014.
You will be working full-time at the Secretariat in Copenhagen, Denmark. Your tasks will depend on your profile and interest, but could include:
- Assisting the Secretariat in preparing the BDF Summit and Fehmarnbelt Days 2014:
- Event logistics
- Registration and invitations
- Development of networking tools
- Coordination of volunteers
- General research and preparation of materials for newsletters, conferences, seminars, meetings, etc.
- Updating the database, power point presentations, etc.
- Diverse practical and ad hoc assignments at the Secretariat
The internship is not salaried. However, you will experience an international and dynamic working environment where you will have responsibilities from day one and will be able to develop your organizational and project management skills, establish a wide network, and attend high-level meetings and roundtables with stakeholders from business, academia and governmental authorities.
You have completed minimum 2 years of university studies in a relevant field, such as social or political sciences, business administration, or communications. You are interested in international relations as well as regional development, especially within the Baltic Sea Region and its 11 countries. Please note that all interns must have relevant documentation for being able to take up an internship in Denmark.
We are looking for interns who are:
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written (German is an asset)
- Flexible and open-minded, creative and has good communication skills
- Not afraid of challenges and can work constructively and manage several tasks at the same time
- Able to work individually as well as in a team
- Competent in MS Office
- Experience in graphic design and/or with social media is an asset
If you are interested in an internship at BDF, please send a motivation letter together with your CV to Zane Razāne, firstname.lastname@example.org, as soon as possible and before 10 January 2014. The interviews will take place starting from 13 January 2014.