A Summary of the EU Baltic Sea Region Strategy Seminar for Danish stakeholders that was held 23 September is available.
Download a Summary of the EU Baltic Sea Region Strategy Seminar for Danish stakeholders that took place in Copenhagen 23 September 2010: EU Strategien for Østersøregionen, Europa 2020 og Grøn Vækst, Seminar om danske prioriteringer og indsatsområder, Opsummering og konklusioner (in Danish).
The Themes of the Seminar were:
Denmark has assumed considerable responsibility for implementing the EU strategy for the Baltic Sea region, which may become a new framework for European and regional integration, but how far have we reached with implementation of the strategy? How can it be used to facilitate Danish priorities regarding EU’s new growth strategy (Europe 2020)? How can neighbouring areas help to promote the competitiveness of Denmark and green growth opportunities of the Danish Government and what is required to get business more involved? These are some of the questions which we will try to find answers to from different angles.
- Uffe Ellemann-Jensen, Chairman of Baltic Development Forum
- Johan Friis, Head of Section, Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Catharina Sørensen, National Expert, European Commission (DG Regio)
- Helge Sigurd Næss-Schmidt, Managing Economist Copenhagen Economics
- Steen Bach Nielsen, Chairman of Region, Region Zealand
- Halldór Ásgrímsson, Secretary General, Nordic Council of Ministers
The seminar was organised in collaboration between the Danish Ministry of Economy, Enterprise and Construction Authority, the Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Danish Regions, the European Commission’s representation in Copenhagen, the Nordic Council of Ministers and Baltic Development Forum.