Be at the Heart of Shaping the Future of the Baltic Sea Region – We are seeking several interns.
Baltic Development Forum is an independent, non-profit networking organisation with members from large companies, major cities, institutional investors and business associations in the Baltic Sea Region. We work with a wide range of partners, including businesses, governments, regional organisations, and research and media institutions. Our mission is to promote the Baltic Sea Region as an integrated, prosperous and internationally competitive growth region.
With the adoption of the EU Strategy for the Baltic Sea Region, the region is playing a new role within the EU. The Baltic Sea Region has become a testing ground for regional policies and strategies that can help bring about sustainable growth and a more dynamic integration process of the EU. Baltic Development Forum is at the forefront of this change and the 13th Annual BDF Summit will be held in Gdansk 24-27 Oct 2011, in line with the Polish EU Presidency. Therefore, we are seeking several dedicated interns for the duration of three to six months beginning March 2011, or as individually agreed.
You will be working full-time at the Secretariat in Copenhagen, Denmark. Your tasks will include:
• Assisting the Secretariat in preparing the BDF Summit (venue, handbook, invitations, registration)
• Assisting the Director and Project Managers on a daily basis
• Preparing materials for website, newsletters, conferences, seminars, meetings, etc.
• General research and report writing
• Updating the database, power point presentations, etc.
• Diverse practical assignments at the Secretariat
The internship is not salaried. However, during your internship you will have the possibility to establish a wide network and to attend different meetings and roundtables with stakeholders from business, academia and governmental authorities.
You have completed a minimum 2 years of your studies in social sciences or business administration, sales and marketing. You are interested in international relations as well as regional development, especially within the Baltic Sea Region and its 11 countries. Please note that all interns must have relevant documentation for being able to take up an internship in Denmark.
We are looking for trainees who are:
• Fluent in English, both spoken and written (knowledge of Polish is an asset)
• Flexible and open-minded, creative and has good communication skills
• Not afraid of challenges and can work constructively with several tasks at the same time
• Able to work individually as well as in teams
• Competent in MS Office (experience in web-based graphical design and social media is an asset)
If you are interested in working at Baltic Development Forum, please send an application to Zane Razane, firstname.lastname@example.org, as soon as possible and before 15th February 2011. Interviews will be conducted at the end of February.