We are seeking a dedicated intern for the duration of three to six months beginning August 2011 to assist with the preparations of the Gdansk Summit.
Be at the Heart of Shaping the Future of the Baltic Sea Region
Baltic Development Forum is an independent, non-profit networking organisation with members from large companies, major cities, institutional investors and business associations in the Baltic Sea Region. We work with a wide range of partners, including businesses, governments, regional organisations, and research and media institutions. Our mission is to promote the Baltic Sea Region as an integrated, prosperous and internationally competitive growth region.
With the adoption of the EU Strategy for the Baltic Sea Region, the region is playing a new role within the EU. The Baltic Sea Region has become a testing ground for regional policies and strategies that can help bring about sustainable growth and a more dynamic integration process of the EU. Baltic Development Forum is at the forefront of this change, and this year, in line with the Polish EU Presidency, the 13th Annual BDF Summit will be held together with the European Commission’s 2nd Annual Forum of the EU Strategy for the Baltic Sea Region, in Gdansk, Poland, 24-26 Oct 2011. Therefore, we are seeking a dedicated intern for the duration of three to six months beginning August 2011.
You will be working full-time at the Secretariat in Copenhagen, Denmark. Your tasks shall include:
- Assisting the Secretariat in preparing the BDF Summit
- On-site assistance
- General research and preparation of materials for newsletters, conferences, seminars, meetings, etc.
- Updating the database, power point presentations, etc.
- Diverse practical assignments at the Secretariat
The internship is not salaried. However, during your internship you will have the possibility to establish a wide network and to attend different meetings and round-tables with stakeholders from business, academia and governmental authorities.
You have completed minimum 2 years of your studies in social sciences or business administration, sales and marketing. You are interested in international relations as well as regional development, especially within the Baltic Sea Region and its 11 countries. Please note that all interns must have relevant documentation for being able to take up an internship in Denmark.
We are looking for interns who are:
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written
- Flexible and open-minded, creative and has good communication skills
- Not afraid of challenges and can work constructively with several tasks at the same time
- Able to work individually as well as in a team
- Competent in MS Office (experience in web-based graphical design and social media is an asset)
If you are interested in working at Baltic Development Forum, please send an application to Zane Razane, email@example.com, as soon as possible and before 13th July 2011. Interviews will be conducted in the first two weeks of August.
Download this information as a .pdf document.