With the adoption of the EU Strategy for the Baltic Sea Region, the region is playing a new role within the EU. The Baltic Sea Region has become a testing ground for regional policies and strategies that can help bring about sustainable growth and a more dynamic integration process of the EU. Baltic Development Forum is at the forefront of this change, and this year, in line with the Danish EU Presidency, the 14th Annual BDF Summit will be held in Denmark in June 2012. Therefore, we are seeking a dedicated intern for the duration of five to six months beginning February-March 2012.
You will be working full-time at the Secretariat in Copenhagen, Denmark. Your tasks shall include:
• Assisting the Secretariat in preparing the BDF Summit:
• General research and preparation of materials for newsletters, conferences, seminars, meetings, etc.
• Updating the database, power point presentations, etc.
• Diverse practical assignments at the Secretariat
The internship is not salaried. However, during your internship you will have the possibility to establish a wide network and to attend different meetings and roundtables with stakeholders from business, academia and governmental authorities.
You have completed minimum 2 years of your studies in social sciences or business administration, sales and marketing. You are interested in international relations as well as regional development, especially within the Baltic Sea Region and its 11 countries. Please note that all interns must have relevant documentation for being able to take up an internship in Denmark.
We are looking for interns who are:
• Fluent in English, both spoken and written (knowledge of Danish is an asset)
• Flexible and open-minded, creative and has good communication skills
• Not afraid of challenges and can work constructively with several tasks at the same time
• Able to work individually as well as in a team
• Competent in MS Office (experience in web-based graphical design and social media is an asset)
If you are interested in having your internship with us, please send an application to Zane Razane, firstname.lastname@example.org, as soon as possible and before 23 January 2012. Interviews will be conducted beginning of February 2012.