2013 will be a busy year for BDF, having planned two major events: the 15th Annual BDF Summit will be held in Riga 29-30 May 2013 and an October Water Conference 2013. Therefore, we are seeking a dedicated intern for the duration of five to six months beginning February 2013.
You will be working full-time at the Secretariat in Copenhagen, Denmark. Your tasks will include:
- Assisting the Secretariat in preparing the BDF Summit and October Conference:
- Program and Handbook
- General research and preparation of materials for newsletters, conferences, seminars, meetings, etc.
- Updating the database, power point presentations, etc.
- Diverse practical and ad hoc assignments at the Secretariat
The internship is not salaried. However, you will experience an international and dynamic working environment where you will have responsibilities from day one and will be able to develop your organization and project management skills, as well as establish a wide network and to attend different meetings and roundtables with stakeholders from business, academia and governmental authorities.
You have completed minimum 2 years of your studies in social sciences or business administration, sales and marketing. You are interested in international relations as well as regional development, especially within the Baltic Sea Region and its 11 countries. Please note that all interns must have relevant documentation for being able to take up an internship in Denmark.
We are looking for interns who are:
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written
- Flexible and open-minded, creative and has good communication skills
- Not afraid of challenges and can work constructively with several tasks at the same time
- Able to work individually as well as in a team
- Competent in MS Office (experience in web-based graphical design and social media is an asset)
If you are interested in an internship at Baltic Development Forum, please send an application to Zane Razāne, email@example.com, as soon as possible and before 11 January 2013.