2016 will be a dynamic and exciting year as Baltic Development Forum enters into several new EU-funded projects, and organises its 18th BDF Summit in connection with the Strategy Forum for the EU Strategy for the Baltic Sea Region, in Stockholm in November. Moreover, in 2016 BDF will continue its core activities related to political and regional cooperation, the digital economy, water and environment, and energy.
Therefore, we are seeking a dedicated intern for the autumn of 2016, for the duration of three to four months, starting around the 1st of September.
You will be working at the BDF Secretariat in Copenhagen, Denmark. Your tasks will depend on your profile and interest, but could include:
- Assisting the Secretariat in preparing the 18th BDF Summit
- Event logistics
- Speaker invitations and support
- General research and preparation of materials for newsletters, conferences, seminars, meetings, etc.
- Updating the website and database
- Diverse practical and ad hoc assignments at the Secretariat
The internship is not salaried. However, you will experience an international and dynamic working environment where you will have responsibilities from day one and will be able to develop your organizational and project management skills, establish a wide network, and attend high-level meetings and roundtables with stakeholders from business, academia and governmental authorities.
You have completed minimum 2 years of university studies in a relevant field, such as social or political sciences, business administration, environmental science or communications. You are interested in international relations as well as regional development, especially within the Baltic Sea Region and its 11 countries. Please note that all interns must have relevant documentation for being able to take up an internship in Denmark.
We are looking for interns who are:
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written. A second Baltic Sea Country language is an asset.
- Flexible and open-minded, creative and has good communication skills
- Not afraid of challenges and can work constructively and manage several tasks at the same time
- Able to work individually as well as in a team
- Competent in MS Office
- Experience in graphic design and/or with social media is an asset
If you are interested in an internship at BDF, please send a motivation letter together with your CV to email@example.com, as soon as possible and before 29 April 2016.