Annual Summit is the key event initiated and organized by Baltic Development Forum.
The Baltic Development Forum Summit lasts for three days. The summit is held during the fall from Sunday to Tuesday. The exact dates are agreed on by BDF and the host City. The summit starts with a Grand Opening and Networking Reception during Sunday afternoon and evening, followed by two day’s conference and a Gala Dinner during Monday evening.
The BDF Summit represents the best regional platform for business. No other regional platform attracts the level and number of business representatives in combination with high-level political decision-makers.
The Summit offers you unique opportunities to:
- Meet high-level decision-makers
- Discuss topical issues
- Influence the European Policies, concerning the Baltic region
- Expand your international and regional network
- Update on regional and European facts and trends
- Develop business opportunities
The Summit’s plenary sessions deal with general and broad topics affecting the Baltic Sea Region. The thematic sessions in parallel give the participants the opportunity to choose the theme that fits their interests best. There are thematic sessions in parallel throughout the Summit.
Networking is an essential part of the BDF Summit. Since 2008 BDF has modernized and updated the strategic networking concept, allowing the Summit participants to better interact and thereby acquire new insights, develop ideas and find common solutions. We call the new concept for Networking Village where different activities take place on the same platform: Workshops, exhibitions, presentations, lunches and entertainment. Some formal sessions of the Summit also takes place in the Networking Village.
The Summit framework creates a dynamic networking atmosphere and offers many chances to expand professional networks and develop innovative business plans. Companies and organizations with a stake in the economic and political development of the region are offered:
- Sponsorships and exhibition opportunities in the networking village during the Summit.
- Assistance in organizing seminars and expert meeting in connection with the Summit’s formal programme.
- More informal opportunities to meet and discuss issues of common interests with other participants, such as networking lunches, contact breaks and bilateral meetings.